Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When I was a young girl....(yawn)

Don't you hate hearing those opening words?  Anyway, you have to listen now!  When I was a teenager, Quaker Oats came out with a great cereal called Peanut Butter Crunch.  Oh how I loved that cereal.  I would eat handfuls of it.  My mom had to keep several boxes at all times in the house as my younger brother and I would fight over it.  Fast forward a few more years and my children are old enough to eat cold cereal.  I introduced them to the great and mighty Peanut Butter Crunch.  They fell as hard for it as I did but I didn't keep boxes of it around.  Fast forward again to vacations in the Tetons.  I would buy a couple of boxes to have as a special treat for myself during vacation.  I might get ONE BOWL because my children discovered the special treat and would scarf all of it down.  I actually began to hide the cereal so they wouldn't find it!  And now?  Mommy has introduced her own little man to this cereal (gluten free).  He loves it!!  Between he and I we could finish this off in seconds flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment